- October 4, 2019
- Posted by: konicabusiness
Wound healing is a challenging aspect in healthcare. Ageing population and increasing number of diabetics has lead to the rise of patients with chronic wounds. Chronic wounds are wounds that fail to heal in ad orderly and timely manner usually within three months.
Patients with chronic wounds face complications if no proper care was taken or left untreated and it will result in the rise of healthcare cost. Henceforth, wound care is important to reduce infections and it requires trained specialist. It is pertinent to identify delayed wound healing process to avoid complications.
Aging Population & Increasing number of Diabetics Population
- Chronic & diabetic wounds on the rise
- Limited Healthcare resources
Wound Accessment is critical BUT Manual Measurement is…
- Time Consuming
- Inaccute & Inconsistent with High Variance
- Patient Discomfort
- Infection Control
Challenge in Information Sharing
- Various healthcare professionals are involved in wound management
- Lack of continuity of care within the healthcare sector
KONICA MINOLTA WOUNDAIDE IS A DIGITAL HANDHELD WOUND MEASUREMENT SOLUTION THAT ALLOWS EFFICIENT WOUND MONITORING AND DOCUMENTATION,
Providing an accurate and consistent wound assessment which includes photos and 3D measurements of depth, length, width, surface area and volume of the wound. The non-contact measurement decreases the risk of infection and allows capturing of information in a faster manner as compared to the conventional method.
The solution is independent of human judgement, hence there is no user variability. Accurate measurements can aid in monitoring and management of the wound, and the information can be uploaded and shared across systems to improve quality care experience. WoundAide can be integrated with hospitals’ electronic view of the patient and allows real-time consultation with wound specialists and clinicians.
In understaffed healthcare institutions, WoundAide helps boosts productivity and reduce time in accessing the information as nurses can be trained to do the measurements instead of wound specialists in the primary care, acute hospitals, step-down care and home care providers and information can be sent and shared remotely.
Objective Wound Measurements
- Non-contact technique reduce risk of infection and patient discomfort
- Objective capture within seconds
- Wound photo & documentation within one system
- Standardised assessment and documentation wound care tool
- Automatically define wound boundary
- Automated 3D wound measurements including depth and volume
- Reduce variability and inconsistency
Wound data available to remote specialist
- Access to data in a protected and secured manner
- Data can be shared across healthcare institutions when necessary
- Real-time consultation with wound specialists/clinicians
- Integration* with electronic medical records to provide a holistic view of the patient
Save cost by effective wound monitoring
- Customised wound documentation electronic charting
- Track and monitor wound progress objectively
- Provides precise and objective trending to enable clinical decision making
- Alerts can be customised accordingly to individual institution clinical guidelines to improve efficiency and productivity
Reliability and Consistency
WoundAide users digital imaging for measurement, henceforth there is no subjective assessment. It automatically defines the wound boundary and capture 3D wound measurements including depth and volume.
WoundAide allows immediate sharing of the information.
With WoundAide, the wound measurement technique only takes a minute, effectively shortening the entire wound care workflow process to just a total of 16 minutes.
Efficient Documentation and Access
WoundAide allows healthcare professional to access the documents easily while being stored securely. Patient’s medical record can be updates easily to provide a holistic view and allows healthcare professionals to share, track and monitor effortlessly and efficiently.